My name is Matty Wolin and welcome to my photography blog. I am a Software Developer by trade, and started learning photography in 2009 when I decided that it might be fun to bring a camera along on my runs while training for a marathon. As I began taking photography more and more seriously, my equipment has increased substantially in size and it no longer made sense to bring along a camera on my runs, however I am happy to say that photography has taken over as my #1 hobby.
If you are interested in purchasing a print, you can buy one from my smugmug site.
The style of photography on this site is called High Dynamic Range Photography. The process of creating hdr imagery involves capturing multiple exposures of a scene with the use of a tripod. With the foreground middleground and background all captured at the appropriate exposure levels in the various images, the images are blended together with softare, a process known as tonemapping.
- Nikon D700
- Nikon D5000 (backup)
- Nikkor 14-24mm F2.8
- Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G
- Nikkor AF 50mm F1.8
- Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 (backup)
- Nikkor DX 35mm F1.8 (backup)
- Legs: Induro Carbon 8x Tripod CT-114
- Head: Manfrotto 498RC2
- HDRSoft Photomatix Pro
- Adobe PhotoShopt CS5
- Nik ColorEfex Pro
- Adobe Lightroom 4
As a software developer, I am proud of the solution that I have developed for this blog. While it may not look like much, this blog makes use of many open source software projects and integrates with a number of different APIs including: twitter, flickr, facebook, google maps, smugmug, tinyurl, and 500px allowing me to autmoatically share my work to several different photography hosting solutions and social media networks. Here are a few of the specifics without which this blog would not be possible:
- Hosting Provider: Amazon EC2
- Operating System : Amazon Linux AMI
- Primary Programming Language: PHP
- Database : MySQL
- Development Framework : CakePHP - An open source Model View Controller framework for PHP.
- Flickr API PHP Wrapper: phpFlickr
- SmugMug API PHP Wrapper: phpSmug
- 500px API PHP Wrapper: 500px-PHP by enfoqueselectivo
- Twitter API PHP Wrapper: TwitterOAuth by abraham
All images are distributed with a Creative Commons License.
Content may be used with attribution and a link to the source.